Sticky Pages

Blog on Books

9/29/2009

Seduce Me In Shadow

Posted by Munk


Book 2 in the Doomsday Brethren series gives us Caden's story and I can honestly say without a doubt that If I loved Tempt Me With Darkness, I'm absolutely in lust with Seduce Me With Shadow. The world building in book one was fascinating and flowed seamlessly into book two. I love a story that can so captivate me that I forget that I'm not actually there and Seduce Me In Shadow did that for me in a big way.


Caden is an amazing character. Conflicted feeling about his magical awakening he has been sent to retrieve the stolen Doomsday Diary. Easier said than done when feisty Sydney Blair is involved. Caden is a sexy, protective, tortured alpha male that kept my attention from cover to cover.


We are drawn even deeper into the lives of all the Doomsday Brethren and I must say I've fallen for them all. We get a peek inside several powerful passionate scenes with the warriors that left me breathless. Super hott alpha males that are surprisingly vulnerable at times will keep me coming back every time.

A question I asked over and over before I got my grubby little hands on this book was did she bring us the heat and now I can answer...... Shayla Brought it! : )




Seduce Me in Shadow
Doomsday Brethren Series, Book 2 — Caden’s StoryPublisher: Pocket BooksISBN-10: 1416578447
ISBN-13: 9781416578444
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy RomanceRelease Date: September 29, 2009

Order:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders
Simon & Schuster
Books-A-Million
Overstock

When a villainous wizard escapes from exile, the devastatingly sexy Doomsday Brethren must defend all magickind in the spellbinding second book in bestselling author Shayla Black’s seductive new paranormal series.

Ex-Marine Caden MacTavish has shunned his magical heritage all his life, but he will do anything to heal his desperately ill brother, a Doomsday Brethren warrior in mourning for his missing mate. Posing as a photographer, Caden must convince firecracker tabloid reporter Sydney Blair to reveal the source of her recent exposé on a supernatural power clash. Unfortunately, keeping his hands off the sizzling redhead proves as hard as getting them onto the potent and mystical Doomsday Diary he discovers at her bedside. A bloody rebellion led by an evil, power-hungry wizard is imminent. If Sydney divulges the book’s existence, she will jeopardize magickind’s most deeply guarded secrets and become the ruthless wizard’s number one target. Caden has never trusted magic’s cruel and dangerous powers, but he will protect Sydney with his life and magic—even if it means risking his heart.

Read The First Chapter

Don't forget to read Shayla's free novella Fated

4 comments:

Mandi said...

This series sounds awesome...must check it out!

Donna [Fantasy Dreamer's Ramblings] said...

She brought the heat, huh? Well, I need to add this series to the wishlist then. ;)

Smokinhotbooks said...

I love the title, cover, basically everything. Great Review!

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

I haven't heard of Shayla Black before-I am so going to have to check out this series now!

Post a Comment